Saturday, February 14, 2009

Multinomah Falls


I bought this kit at a quilt show in March of 2008, with the intention of making it for my mother, who lives in Oregon and loves to visit Multonomah Falls. She calls it, "her falls". I chickened out thinking it would be too difficult for months, and then a few weeks before Christmas, I thought I would give it a try.

It was much easier than I thought it was going to be, and I really enjoyed seeing it come to life! I did substitute a few of the fabrics that it came with, and I changed the border and backing fabric so that it would match her home.

This was made with double-sided fusible webbing, and I machine stitched around each edge.

I will admit...I did chicken out on the machine quilting of the entire piece, and ended up stitching in the ditch on the border only.

No comments:

Post a Comment