Saturday, March 6, 2010

Bathroom Wall-hanging

I have had this idea since I went to a quilt show in early 2009. I bought the center fabric at the show, pre-stamped with the flower pattern. I had envisioned what it would look like all along, but since I had never beaded before, I tucked it away, afraid I'd screw it up.

Well, in early February, I decided that 2010 was the year I would break out all of those projects that I had bought fabric for and never did anything about. And my bathroom really needed some color!

So, I took this on. There was no pattern. I basically designed the 2 borders. Then I free-motion quilted around the leaves in the outer border. I then beaded and sequined the flowers in the center.

It took me a weekend. And now it is proudly displayed above my bathtub, so when I go to relax in the tub, I get to stare at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment