Thursday, December 31, 2009

Girly Rag Quilt



My friend's daughter was turning 4 in September. I was inspired by the story about how she loved cupcakes and had to have them for birthdays. And she loves pink and purple.

I was a Joann's Fabrics, and I saw this flannel cupcake fabric and I thought - well, I've always wanted to do a rag quilt, I should start by making one for Olivia! Her birthday was in a couple of days, and I figured I could get it done.

So, I bought some matching flannels, went home and knocked this out in a couple of days. Olivia loves her quilt and likes to show it off. It is soft and fluffy and matches her bedroom.

These photos were not taken in good light, so they are hard to see the true finished product. It also shrunk WAY more than I thought it would, so in the future, I would make another row and column or 2 so that it didn't turn out so small.

No comments:

Post a Comment